On my 3rd day in Bali I went on a walk. I went to a place called Sari Organik which I got to by walking through a little path through rice fields. It was a lovely place - everything served in the restaurant was grown in the local farm. A very relaxing day!
On my 4th day in Bali I was able to "borrow" the driver of one of the yoga ladies. I decided to go to visit the volcano and also to the "mother temple" nearby. On the way we stopped at some rice terraces and also at a coffee plantation.
The pride of this coffee plantation was the civet cat coffee. This really gives a new meaning to cat-poo-ccino! The civet cat snacks on coffee cherries, however it can't digest the stone (the coffee bean) and so it poos them out - which gives the beans a smooth, musky taste. Well obviously this is not for everyone - so the plantation also produces other types of "regular" coffee and some teas as well. I was given all the samples below, and the one I liked best was the vanilla coffee. I bought a bag and have been drinking it every morning since.
On my 4th day in Bali I was able to "borrow" the driver of one of the yoga ladies. I decided to go to visit the volcano and also to the "mother temple" nearby. On the way we stopped at some rice terraces and also at a coffee plantation.
The pride of this coffee plantation was the civet cat coffee. This really gives a new meaning to cat-poo-ccino! The civet cat snacks on coffee cherries, however it can't digest the stone (the coffee bean) and so it poos them out - which gives the beans a smooth, musky taste. Well obviously this is not for everyone - so the plantation also produces other types of "regular" coffee and some teas as well. I was given all the samples below, and the one I liked best was the vanilla coffee. I bought a bag and have been drinking it every morning since.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.