Earlier this year I did an online photography course. One of the modules of this course was documentary photography. I had no idea how the local people would react to me taking photos of them, but I first started taking photos in the village behind my apartment (I'm sure this village has a name but nobody has been able to tell me what it is called. Rickshaw drivers don't seem to know it and when I direct them through here on the way home they can't believe that I live right next to this village).
 |
| Village restaurant |
 |
| Local barber shop |
 |
| The greengrocer |
The assignment called for black and white photography, but to me this didn't really capture the essence of this village. The people's lives are vibrant and colourful. I think the colour photos show this much better.
 |
| The general store |
 |
| Another barber - I found this photo quite poignant - he seemed sad to have no customers |
 |
| The local delivery man - he comes round selling things. The children just out of school were running along behind his bike. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.