![]() |
| Our welcome to ASB involved having a garland (mala) placed round our necks and a tikka placed on our foreheads for good luck |
Today I was running a little late. Outside my apartment block I saw a bus and someone running for it (so it seemed it was just about to set off). I've never ridden a public bus here but I got on anyway. The driver looked at me as if I was VERY foreign (alien, really) and pointed me down the bus where a conductor took my 5 rupee fair. There wasn't a bus stop for where I wanted to get off, but the bus stopped for me anyway.
I went and had a pedicure today too. As I was sitting down next to an Indian woman she asked me if I was staying at the Kohinoor hotel. I told her I was living here now. Again she was very surprised.
It won't be long though. This area is going to totally change in the next 6 months or so now that the school has moved in here. I'm excited that I'm right at the start of it, in the first wave of the change. That I experience what it is like to live here as an alien being!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.