Sunday, March 20, 2016

Rocking Around Rishikesh


For our Spring Break, Lex and I went to Rishikesh.  Rishikesh is a town in India’s northern state of Uttarakhand, in the Himalayan foothills beside the Ganges River. The river is considered holy, and the city is renowned as a centre for studying yoga and meditation. Temples and ashrams line the river banks.  

We arrived at the end of the International Yoga Festival, which has been taking place in Rishikesh since 1989.  Yoga teachers, students and seekers come from every corner of the globe to participate in this program. There were certainly a lot of them around, including Mooji.



While I was in Rishikesh I decided to explore some yoga and meditation apps on my iPhone.  I did the "Fear of Flying" one on the way there, and then regularly stopped to do other mindfulness meditations in and around the town.  One day we hiked up to a waterfall where I did an outdoor meditation.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.