Monday, October 29, 2012

Pottering around Powai


This weekend we decided to go to another part of Mumbai - the northern suburb of Powai.  Built since the 1970s on the shores of Powai Lake, this is now an upmarket commercial and residential district and is home to the Indian Institute of Technology.  The place has a very European feel, with its neo-classical architectural style.  Several scenes in the movie Slumdog Millionaire were filmed here.


Lex and I walked for a while by the lake, then went to the shopping district where we were able to sit outside at a pavement cafe for a coffee.  After that I tried something completely new - a fish pedicure.  It was a very strange sensation - half ticklish and half like having pins-and-needles.  I'm up for trying out new things, but I would say this is definitely something I'd only want to do once!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.