Monday, June 25, 2012

Leaving Switzerland


We set off from Switzerland on Saturday to fly to San Diego (the first stop on our whistlestop tour of 4 countries this summer).  Our lovely friend Sue had given us some money to treat ourselves at the airport.  We bought a connector to attach the iPad and an SD card but then also had some left and were persuaded to try a new drink:  white wine with vodka, guava, orange and peach.  It was presented really nicely and we were tempted - so we bought a bottle to drink when we got to San Diego to celebrate the next stage of our lives.

4 comments:

  1. Maggie - it has been such a pleasure to hang out with you in San Diego and I have never been so excited to be working with a like-minded educator.
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful drink with us while we look forward to an exciting future at ASB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie:
    Great to meet you in San Diego - I agree with Sharon in that it is going to be very exciting working with the great team of educators at ASB.
    See you in a few weeks!
    Thanks!
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggie, Tim told me he enjoyed meeting you in San Diego. He thinks we will make a good team! Your blog is interesting. I like how you are sharing your emotions as well as new knowledge. The Ted x video was fascinating. Have you read Shantaram? Much of the book takes place in Mumbai. There are so many characters in the book that I wanted to put in neat boxes of "villian" or "hero" but couldn't. The Ted x talk helped me realize that I have a lot to learn from the Indian stories and culture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy, I haven't yet read Shantaram, but it is on my list! I have just read a fascinating book about slum life in Mumbai called "Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death, And Hope In A Mumbai Undercity" by Katherine Boo which is a true story based on hundreds of interviews she conducted. I am so looking forward to learning more about Indian life and culture.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.